- Invest in and acquire companies or assets in negotiated transactions
- Conservatively capitalize portfolio companies for growth
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Foster internal growth, complemented with growth through acquisitions
- Exit through sale, merger or public offering
White Deer targets investments in oil and gas exploration and production, oil service and equipment manufacturing and energy infrastructure.
White Deer focuses on negotiated transactions with middle-market companies that require $50 to $150 million of equity. White Deer pursues a strategy of acquiring a majority but less than 100 percent of a company’s equity. This structure allows company founders and senior managers to stay in place and encourages transactions when a company owner is not ready to “sell and retire.”